Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install My Hooks?
2) Place the two open ends of the clamps either into the grooves of the post for the Groove Grip or over the edges of the post for the Outside Grip. See Image 2.
3) Using your thumb and index finger of your left hand gently push the outside of the clamps against the post. See Image 3.
4) Insert the long leg of the allen wrench into the upper bolt and tighten the upper bolt loosely. See Image 4.
5) Repeat for the lower bolt, making sure the clamp is still pushed against the post.
6) Re-insert the long leg of the allen wrench into the upper bolt and tighten it further.
7) Repeat for lower bolt.
8) Ensure that both clamps are still touching the face of the post on the top and bottom. See Images 5 & 6.
9) Insert the short end of the allen wrench into the upper bolt and tighten it firmly. See Image 7.
11) Ensure that both clamps are still touching the face of the post on the top and bottom again. See Images 5 & 6.
12) If you have a double clamp item tighten the top clamp first as per above then repeat for the bottom clamp.
13) Check for secure installation with your hand.
Properly Installed clamp with no gap at location between arrows.
Improperly installed clamp with
gap at a location between arrows.
How Much Weight Can The Hooks Handle?
All of the designs have been tested to at least 400% of their load rating. The load rating is for weight loads when mounted to vertical aluminum posts. Wind loads must be taken into consideration by the end user.
All Utility Hooks are rated for 20 lbs
Towel Hooks with Groove Grip are rated for 20 lbs
Towel Hooks with Outside Grip are rated for 10 lbs
Alligator Hangers are rated for 15 lbs (available in Groove Grip only)
Basic Hangers with Single Groove Grip are rated for 15 pounds
Basic Hangers, Shark, and Dolphin Hangers with Groove Grip are rated for 25 pounds
Basic Hangers, Shark, and Dolphin Hangers with Outside Grip are rated for 10 pounds
What Are The Hooks Made Of?
All components are made out of aluminum except for the screws. Aluminum is used for its lightweight, corrosion resistance, and appearance. The durability, appearance, and corrosion resistance of the aluminum are enhanced by powder coating. The screws are stainless steel for corrosion resistance.